Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day One: Thankful for Great Neighbors

Each day in November, several of my friends are posting on Facebook about things they are thankful for. I think this is a great idea and a good way to think about all the blessings we have. Instead of writing on Facebook, I thought it might be a good encouragement to blog more, if I wrote on here. So first up - I am thankful for our Neighbors. I am thankful for how they take care of us and spoil our kids. I am thankful to be surrounded by such loving, Christian families. This was especially evident on Halloween - between the neighbors who had special care packages for our kids, to those who asked us to stop back at their house twice since our kids were the only trick-or-treaters, to those who invited us over for a "spooky" supper and gifts for the kids. After searching for a house for over two years, it's a wonderful feeling to have found this awesome spot! (I'll post more Halloween pictures later on, but here are a few to get started):

Blake dressed as Woody from Toy Story for his preschool party


Blake "changed his mind" and had to dress as Buzz Lightyear for the evening trick-or-treating. Drew went as Mr. Bear in the evening since the costume was warmer.


Spooky dinner set up!

Miss Kathy's edible finger pretzels :)


Raggedy Andy ready for his school party!

No comments:

Post a Comment