Friday, November 11, 2011

Day Nine: Thankful for Low Mortgage Rates

Due to the low mortgage rates right now, we are going through the process of refinancing our house! The thought of shaving years off our mortgage and saving a ton of money is so exciting. One of our dreams is to have our house paid off by the time our boys go to college and I think we are on track! Tonight, Luke and I spent several hours cleaning our house from top to bottom because the appraisal is being done in the morning. My house has never been so clean (except for the time I hosted a Pampered Chef party!). I'm excited to see how it turns out. The appraiser asked us to write down all of the projects we've done in the three years we've owned the home and it was encouraging to see all that we've accomplished. I usually move at a snail's pace when it comes to making decisions about home projects (right Melissa and Karen??). So taking a step back and looking at the big picture makes me thankful for all we've done. Now, I'm excited to take this next step and thankful for the low mortgage rates which are allowing us to do so!

1 comment:

  1. How did the appraisal go? Hopefully it will be at the amount you want to make the refinancing a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete