Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 26: Thankful for Family Traditions

Many years ago, Luke's dad had the foresight to plant a bunch of Christmas trees behind his house. Today we went to harvest one of those trees! We talked about Steve and found beautiful tree's for Kris and ourselves. We've gotten our tree from this spot for many years . It's usually a beautiful, cold, snowy day. However, this year was the first time we've ever cut down a Christmas tree in the rain! Blake loved the mud and both boys actually helped us cut down the tree. I've included a couple of pictures. Today I am thankful for the tree's Steve planted and for this wonderful family adventure to select the perfect tree!

We picked out the perfect one (although Blake is more interested in the saw)!

Everyone "helping" cut the tree down :)

Had to include this pic of my cuties... although maybe I should stop taking pictures and fix Drew's hat so he can see! Poor boy!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Lilly loves these little boys, even if Drew can't see, we all do! Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete