I've been fortunate enough to have several "random act of kindness" moments in my life. There was the time someone paid for my fare over the Mackinaw Bridge, the time at Tech when someone plowed my driveway randomly and the time someone bought my chai tea at Starbucks. I remember feeling overcome with gratitude and thankfulness. Those moments motivate me to pay it forward to others and keep the cycle going! Today, I am thankful for a very simple act of kindness. While at my friend Karen's house, I mentioned that with out having the truck (since it was at camp) I wasn't sure how I was going to get our garbage cans to the end of the road for garbage pickup in the morning (it's about a 1/2 mile). Well, after talking to her husband, I learned that he would be headed right past our house in the morning and would gladly stop by and take the cans to the end of the road. What a blessing! As any mom knows, missing garbage pick up day and having the garbage can of diapers wait an extra week is NOT a good thing :) So thank you to Brett and his act of kindness!
No comments:
Post a Comment