The other night, Blake was singing the song "Make new friends, but keep the old...." and I instantly flashed back to Girl Scouts (probably 2nd grade-ish). We would sing that song, while holding hands in a circle and then all twist around at the end. Many years have gone by and lots of those girls are now blogging mommies too :) After hearing that song, I got to thinking about how lucky I am to still have so many of those "old" friends, but blessed enough to have "new" friends too! Even though a lot of time goes by between visits and there are many miles between us, it's so easy to pick up where we left. And I am so thankful for that! Girlfriends support me, encourage me, listen to me, love me and keep me sane :) Today I am especially thankful for an "overnight" girls night! I'm headed to Green Bay with two very close girlfriends to get all our Christmas shopping done! Since they are technical girlies too, we even have a spreadsheet listing all the stores we want to shop at (including store hours and order we should visit them in!). And the coupons are all organized too :) I'm excited for the trip - I know there will be lots of laughter, stories, shopping and fun! Luke's thrilled that he doesn't have to drive 4 hours round trip with the boys and spend the day "trapped" in the mall shopping! So it's a win-win! Thank you Lord for my Girlfriends!
**Update: I wrote this post before we went on our trip but forgot to publish it. I just want to thank Melissa and Karen for such a fun shopping trip. We accomplished a lot and had a great time. I haven't laughed that much in ages! Thanks for putting up with my crazy Kohls coupons too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment