Luke comes from a huge extended family and they all gather together on Thanksgiving. This year we celebrated the day with them at Kermits. John and Clare are such gracious hosts. I believe the final count was 68 people which includes four generations! Lots of great food, wonderful visits with family and a whole lotta kids running all over the place :) Blake never slowed down and absolutely loved playing with all the cousins. I, of course, ate way too much including a yummy raspberry trifle that Luke's mom made. We had fun watching the Packers/Lions game since there were so many people cheering for both sides. Unfortunately, my Lions lost and I lost a few bets :( But there's always New Year's Day to redeem ourselves! Overall, just a wonderful day with family giving thanks for all the blessings in our lives!
Note: Not that anyone is interested, but I don't want to forget that I started the day out realizing that I forgot the boys' Thanksgiving outfits. So I drove all the way back to Iron Mountain to get them. Initially, I was so irritated that I had to "waste" 1.5 hrs of my morning doing this. But it turned out to be such a wonderful opportunity to have some quiet "me" time. I reflected on what I was thankful for and was even able to call my family, cousin and close friend, with out being interrupted. Thank you Lord for this time on such a special day.
No comments:
Post a Comment