Well, this year has been one of those years where it has been tough sledding from the start. You know you are in tough country when you need to start taking pictures of coons. Anyhow, the one pic is the standard pic my dad would take. Basket on the hood of the old Chevy pickup, and the other is the boys favorite part of the whole trapping experience this year, "The cows." I now have cow drool all over my truck inside and out, but the smiles and laughs from the two turkeys are worth it. Alan's farm is the perfect place for two boys to have some fun. We have one checking left, but the tally so far is 1 grey fox, 1 coon, 3 skunks. I had one coyote and trap gone, and I also had a fox that I believe was stolen. There was bow stand up there when I went back to investigate the second time after a sleepless night of wondering what happened. The only thing worth bragging about in any of the pictures is the boys, they remind me of my dad all the time and that makes me smile. Talk to you later.
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Day Two: Thankful for Luke
I'm sure it goes with out saying that I am very thankful to have such a wonderful husband by my side. He is very loving and caring, but one of my favorite things about him is that he is an amazing dad! He is so active in the boys' lives and loves to be with them. For the past two weeks, Luke has been setting or checking traps every other day. Even though it wasn't easy, he has taken the boys with him to check the traps almost every time. Here's an email Luke sent out with some pictures from their trapping adventures. I think the love and pride he has for his sons really comes through:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww, that e-mail made me cry! We are so blessed to have to such amazing husbands!
ReplyDelete