Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 25: Thankful for Auntie Rosie

I grew up a die hard "Black Friday" shopper. I have SO many memories (and even video!) of my mom, Auntie Rosie, cousin Kellie and I getting up super early to be in line before the stores opened. It was always the tradition that Thanksgiving evening we'd pour over the circulars (usually while eating the left over chocolate silk pie directly out of the pie pan) and make our lists for the next day. We'd shop separately in the morning (girls vs moms), meet up for lunch, shop together in the afternoon and then go and visit our grandparents graves in the evening. So when I think of "Black Friday", I can't help but think of my Auntie and how much I miss her. She was truly an amazing woman and a great Godmother, Auntie, Sister and Mom. And as she spends her first Thanksgiving in Heaven as a Grandma, I know she's watching down over all of us. In fact, I know she'd be quite disappointed in my lack of "Black Friday" shopping this year... "but Auntie, I'm in Iron River!!"... "there's only an Ace Hardware here" :) Kellie and I have already looked ahead on the calendar and figured out that my birthday falls on "Black Friday" next year! How fitting! I'll have to make Auntie especially proud with some super deals next year! Just thinking ahead makes me happy :) Thank you Lord for Auntie Rosie and all the special ways she remains a very close part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment