Fall is a rough time of year to be married to a Yooper. Between bird season, trapping, bow hunting and gun hunting, there are plenty of activities for Luke to partake in. I enjoy bird season because we can go walking as a family, and trapping season means lots of time for Luke and the boys to be together. But bow and gun hunting are more individual sports (at least until the boys are older). So last year when Luke suggested we purchase some additional land behind our house, I was all for it. It would protect our view of the woods, ensure our privacy, give the boys tons of room to explore and provide a place for Luke to hunt close to home! That has been one of the best decisions we have made. And from a hunting stand point, it paid off Sunday morning when Luke got a nice 7 point buck. He was SO excited and even though he has gotten over 20 deer in his life, this was only the third deer taken with the bow. He came into the house to tell us the news and I quickly got the boys bundled up so they could go look at the deer. I'm not sure who was more excited, Blake or Luke. Blake kept asking me if he "yooked yike a hunter man". I was a little nervous about how they would react to seeing the deer, but Luke has done a great job on educating them about hunting, gun safety, etc. Plus, I'm not sure that Blake can even connect everything yet. When Luke told us about the deer, Blake said that he "yuves deer meat" :) So today, I am thankful for a successful hunt, for deer meat in the freezer and for the happiness in my husband's (and boys') eyes! A couple pics of the hunt:
Congrats, Luke! I love Blake's comments, they made me LOL - what a sweetie!
ReplyDelete