I just had to save this post for last... I tried writing it a million times and the words just never seemed to do my mom justice. She is, without a doubt, the most loving, generous, compassionate and selfless woman I know. She has sacrificed SO much for her family and is an amazing example of how to live your faith. She has always believed in me, encouraged me, loved me and supported me. She has taught me how to be a wife and mother. So thank you mom. Thank you for the jelly bean trails, the back rubs, the cool wash clothes on my forehead, the fun times shopping, the Albion football games working the concession stand, the trips to the park, the vacations, the dress up clothes, the summer camps, the endless library, the beautiful home, the visits to The Dairy, running down Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes, tubing on the boat, kayaking in Lake Superior, sledding on cookie sheets, filling out countless scholarship forms, taking me to Tech, visiting KC and 3M, being there when the boys were born and everything in between!! I love you so much and am very thankful for you!
What a wonderful post, Margie is such a good momma. Speaking of an endless library, I was just telling Matt the other day how we used to read books on the floor in Meijer while your mom shopped and then she would have us paged to the front when she was ready to go. Usually we could finish half a Baby Sitters Club book while we waited. I hope that Blake, Drew and Lilly love books as much as we do.
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I'm so happy I checked your blog because your 'thankful' theme is so uplifting! :) I miss you so much and hope you have a great Christmas - Josh and I will keep you posted on the arrival of Sparky! :)
ReplyDelete